Today, and every day, we each have some important choices to make:
- Lend your ears to false divisions and hierarchies, or listen intently to hear how everyday journeys unfold so magnificently.
- Fear people and feed fear between people, or taste hope for the future of your people, and all people.
- Focus on superficial skin colour and differences, or see real, lived experiences, standing in another person’s shoes.
- Exhale hollow platitudes that reek of judgement and condescension, or inhale and breathe out values that are good, and for the greater good.
- Feel hate seeping through your soul’s door, or touch others’ brave hearts with respect and love.
- Mistrust others and shatter their trust, or be the one others can rely on as honest, truthful, strong, safe, and deserving of trust.
- Divide and conquer on bent knee, or stand tall in humanity with dignity.
Please, choose wisely.
Copyright © Leonie Vorster 2020